Monday, October 1, 2012

Under the Gun - Part 12 - Cashing in

b2 Publishing: UTG 12 - Cashing in:


I as halfway home from the therapists office at U-Med before I noticed them. The black Crown Vic' with out a spec of dust on it wasn't fooling anybody. My initial thoughts of loosing them in rush hour traffic dissolved when I remembered that I in fact was not driving a Bullitt edition Mustang and that my trusty 4 cylinder would do no more than make them cough a little from the invertible smoke screen that would occur if I tried to bark the tires.

So instead I did what any other god fearing American would do when faced with such a situation while driving his brother's car would do, clinically depressed or not. I slowed down to a crawl as we approached the interstate, forcing them to catch up, obviously trying hard not to pass me. Then stopping at the cloverleaf on a yellow light I put it in park, gunned the ignition one last time, and while they choked on my emissions I got out and walked diagonally across the intersection daring the off- ramp traffic to take me out in the process.

Unfortunately no one had enough guts or anger to turn me into street pizza so I made it across in time disappear among the crowd of 9-5ers getting off the 29 bus and heading for the check cashing joint before beelining to the Tally-Ho dive bar.

Figured that I had killed more birds with that one stone than the vice president ever did with a shotgun. Sure, it would be only a matter of time before they caught up with me. But at least I would have time for a few beers prior to calling Rich and giving him the great news about his car.

Besides, that was just plain fun.

Until I realized what I had left in my brother's car.

The beers would have to wait. And the first call I needed to make was not to my brother.


(you have just received an extra helping of the serial anthology known as 'Under the Gun'. all content is original, spurious, and released for public regurgitation immediately upon conception. there is no editing, no second guessing, and no MSG. this is completely unplanned, unprecedented, and unapologetic. enjoy, but don't be selfish....share your thoughts, spread the word, and release the miasma - b2)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Keep it real, keep it clean, let me have it....

Sign in with your Google, Twitter, or Yahoo I.D. (like these really smart people did)-