Monday, July 9, 2012

just enough......


I awoke to nausea and to a headache right behind my eyeballs. But I did wake.

One slap of the snooze button was enough for today, setting the clock radio to my sons' favorite station was a smart move. The thought of hearing "Moves Like Jagger" in nine minutes was adequate motivation to turn it off in five.

Stumbling to the coffee pot I tried to remember why it was I had felt it important to start getting up earlier. My confusion turned to full on panic as I realized that coffee pot had not yet started doing its thing. Cursing my lack of planning I fumbled with the buttons and settings until the comforting sounds emitted from our energy factory.

Coffee and a shower would help the headache, but I was starting to the think that vomiting would be necessary in order to quell the uneasiness in my gut. Ten minutes of cardio didn't help, but waiting until afterwards to eat certainly did.

It seems like months since I had exercised outdoors. Push ups in front of the t.v. at home or corner dips in a hotel room serving as my gym routines. Trudging down the steps off the back porch I patted myself on the back for good planning. At least out here I could purge in peace and not sweat the cleanup.

Not sure why I hadn't tried this before, besides the whole getting out of bed issue. Temperature was still below 80, dew was still fresh, and the birds were starting to quiet (a little) from their 5 am concerto.

Immediately following my last rep, right before heading in, is when started to feel it. Through the sweat (or because of it?), despite the urge to dry heave, and right alongside the cranial meltdown. I caught a glimpse. A faint touch of peace.

Just like a sweet approach shot with my seven iron that gently kisses the green for makeable downhill push. I received just enough to keep me coming back. To search for more. Hungry to feel it again,....for just one moment.

Enough to get me through one more day.

-b2

@byrdbry

No comments:

Post a Comment

Keep it real, keep it clean, let me have it....

Sign in with your Google, Twitter, or Yahoo I.D. (like these really smart people did)-