Saturday, January 1, 2011

1/1/11 - hopes and dreams, chapter I

 New Years Day : resolutions-a-plenty

I can see throngs of newly initiated fitness freaks hitting the sidewalks, running tracks, and bike trails.
I hope that at least some of them can beat the odds and continue to exercise sixty days from now.

I imagine millions waking up today with a new attitude and master plan about the food they eat.
I hope that they can come to view themselves as beautiful no matter what the scale may say.

Job search engines and career websites are being pushed to their technical limits as the jobless seek work and the unfulfilled seek change.
I hope everyone realizes their occupational goals, even if it's by re-inventing the job they have, or simply changing their attitude towards it.

The appointment books of guidance counselors are booked for months as the uneducated seek enlightenment and the graduated seek to further their grasp of knowledge.
I hope that everyone who can read, reads more. Those that can't are read to. And those that write, write from the heart.

Corporations and family businesses alike look forward to a year with more zeroes, less black ink, and no layoffs.
I hope they remember that without customers, employees, and communities they would have no business to begin with.

Political leaders speak of peace.
I hope they successfully lead us towards it.

Doctors and scientists continue to seek a cure.
I hope, pray, and dream every minute of every day that they find it. Soon.

Children seek to grow up while adults seek youth.
I hope they stop chasing the clock and start seeking each other.

I want to be more intentional about my prayer life, my biblical studies, and my discipleship.
I hope that this fact does not turn you off from reading more entries in my blog.

God waits patiently for each and everyone of us.
I hope you re-read the previous sentence several times, and at some point (hopefully very soon), you feel it in your heart.


Happy New Year!

-b2

1 comment:

  1. Great thoughts. Add to reinventing the job you have or your attitude toward it...perhaps try reinventing yourself on occasion, particulary as your choice of job goes (or as the job chooses to pick you).
    signed: Bryan's Dad Dick Byrd

    ReplyDelete

Keep it real, keep it clean, let me have it....

Sign in with your Google, Twitter, or Yahoo I.D. (like these really smart people did)-