Saturday, November 6, 2010

TODAY is tha' day!

Today will be different. Everything changes right and here and now. Today is the day.

Today is the day I'm going to put plans into action, take names, and kick a--. Today is the day my Ts will be powerfully crossed and my Is will be dotted with a smiley face. Today my microwave popcorn will not have any un-popped kernels at the bottom of the bag.

Hesitation will be tossed aside and replaced with a sense urgency. Contemplation will step aside for the arrival of methodical execution. Today I will re-invent myself and recycle the biodegradable mold. Today complete, long term, sustainability will be realized on a universal scale.

Today the osteoarthritis in my knees will be reversed as the cartilage is regenerated. Shoulder pain slips away as the rotator cuff tendon is enveloped in atrophied muscle. My conscience even feels healthier as yesterday looses its significance and tomorrow slips from reality.

Today I will be first to act, watch your back, and be ready for a counter-attack. There will be no need to retract, stretch the facts, or kneel to prevent a sack. Today will be different, today things are gonna change.

Listening will active, words will be well thought. Intentions will be clear and methods will be proven. Faith will be constant, then questioned, tested, lost, and then regained again, but at a much stronger level. Fear will be respected, but will not under any circumstances get in the way of expressing love, compassion, and truth.

Feelings will be considered, others will be recognized. Glory will be shared, blame will be kept selfishly. Selflessness will be rampant, egos will go dormant. Learning will become paramount, teaching will remain heroic.

Eye contact will be encouraged, accepted, and returned. Handshakes, hugs, and high-fives will become commonplace. Touching someone else's heart will be allowed, opening your own will be mandatory. Leaders will follow, students will step up to the plate.

Today is the day. Yesterday's gone and tomorrow never comes. It doesn't matter if you feel ready are not, it's here. But this isnt' about you, following me. This is about me preparing for what's next. Today truly is the day. Today, I fight back. Today I will come face to face with them. Today I will confront my external demons.

I'm not really sure how long they have been following me. But can I can tell you that it was almost two weeks ago that I noticed. That was the day everything started to change. That was the day that I knew that this day would come.

.....to be continued.

b2

3 comments:

  1. Good stuff B. Excuse me but now I have to get off my butt and do something because today is tha day !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. realizing that today is indeed the day, and acting in response to that revelation, isn't mandatory. Just highly recommended. - b2
      for quick access to updates, and more blathering, follow me on Twitter - @byrdbry

      Delete

Keep it real, keep it clean, let me have it....

Sign in with your Google, Twitter, or Yahoo I.D. (like these really smart people did)-